Ragdoll cats are a popular breed known for their gentle, laid-back temperament and beautiful blue eyes. Originally bred in California in the 1960s, ragdolls are now one of the most popular cat breeds in the world.
Ragdoll cats are best known for their relaxed and easygoing personalities. They love to cuddle and be held, and they are often very attached to their owners. Ragdolls also tend to be very quiet cats, and they generally get along well with other pets and children.
Ragdoll cats are becoming increasingly popular as pets, and their unique colors are a big part of their appeal. So what is the most popular ragdoll cat color?
What colors are Ragdoll cats?
present in several colors. Initially, they are born all white but in the first few weeks of their life they will develop their color and pattern. The colors are:
- Seal – the extremities (nose, ears, tail and paws) are dark brown, and their body a cream color with a shade of brown.
- Blue – the extremities are dark grey, and their body a cream color with a shade of gray.
- Chocolate – the extremities are light brown, and their body a creamy white color.
- Lilac – the extremities are light blue, and their body an icy white color.
- Flame – the extremities are a red/orange color, and their body a creamy color with a shade of orange.
- Cream – the extremities are ivory and their body clear white.
What is the most popular Ragdoll cat color?
According to a recent survey Ragdoll Cats World did in our Ragdoll cat owners community, the most popular ragdoll cat color is SEAL. Seal was the most popular color overall with 39% of respondents having a seal-colored Ragdoll cat.
The second most popular color is blue with 30% of respondents having a blue-colored Ragdoll cat.
Seal is the most popular Ragdoll cat color
What is the rarest Ragdoll cat color?
There are a variety of colors that a Ragdoll cat can be, but the rarest color is cream. Only 3% of the ragdoll cat lovers that we surveyed had a cream-colored ragdoll cat.
Lilac, chocolate and flame point Ragdolls are also pretty rare with 4% of ragdoll owners having a Lilac colored cat, 5% chocolate and 7% flame.
Cream is the rarest Ragdoll cat color
All of these colors are beautiful and unique, and it’s no surprise that Ragdolls are one of the most popular cat breeds in the world. If you’re looking for a stunning companion, consider adopting a Ragdoll in your favorite color!